You wish to further your study in the United States. There’s good news! The Obama Foundation Scholars Program is presently accepting applications at Columbia University. In this post, we’ll go through the scholarship’s value, eligibility, and application procedure in detail.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program is a fully financed full-time leadership development program that brings together emerging leaders from all across the world. Obama Foundation Scholars improve their knowledge and skills, as well as their abilities and networks, during the course of an academic year at Columbia University. This allows them to have a greater influence in their home countries.
After completing the program, Obama Foundation Scholars return to the communities where they worked and continue on a path of service, aided by their experience.
The Institution of Columbia is a New York City-based private Ivy League research university. On the grounds of Trinity Church in Manhattan, it was founded in 1754 as King’s College. It is also the oldest higher education institution in New York and the fifth-oldest in the United States.
The institution is one of nine colonial colleges founded before the American Revolution, seven of which are members of the Ivy League. Major education journals rank Columbia among the best institutions in the world.
It was established by royal charter during the reign of George II of the United Kingdom. Following the American Revolution, the University of Columbia has renamed Columbia College in 1784, and in 1787, it was placed under the control of a private board of trustees led by former students Alexander Hamilton and John Jay.
In 1896, the campus was renamed Columbia University and relocated to its current location in Morningside Heights. The University of Columbia was the first institution in the United States to issue the MD degree and is a founding member of the Association of American Universities.
The University Library, however, is the third-largest private research library in the United States, with over 14.5 million volumes. In 2021, the University of Columbia’s endowment will be $14.35 billion, making it one of the largest in the world.
The University of Columbia received 60,551 applications for the class of 2025 (entering 2021), and 2,218 students were admitted to the two institutions, resulting in a 3.66 percent acceptance rate. The university is a racially diverse institution, with over half of all students identifying as people of color.
U.S. News & World Report ranks the university second among national universities in the United States and sixth internationally for 2021. The University of Columbia is ranked 5th in the United States by QS University Rankings.
The institution was ranked #1 in the state in terms of average professor salary in 2015. Columbia was ranked third in the United States and 12th internationally in the Mines ParisTech: Professional Ranking of World Universities in 2011.
In the 2019 assessment from the Center for Measuring University Performance, it was ranked in the top tier of American research institutions, with Harvard, MIT, and Stanford.
Worth Of The Obama Foundation Scholars Program
- The Obama Foundation Scholars Program covers monthly stipend to help with living expenses in New York City.
- It also provide for a furnished studio apartment within walking distance of the University.
- The scholarship will cover all tuition and fees for up to four courses at the University of Columbia.
- The Obama Foundation Scholars Program will cover air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities.
- Basic medical, dental and life insurance for the period of time of the program in New York City will also be provided.
Eligible Criteria For The Obama Foundation Scholars Program
- To be qualified for the scholarship, you must have a demonstrated commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country, coupled with a displayed commitment to return to these communities after their completion of the program and apply their improved training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the interest of these communities.
- To be eligible, you have to be fluent in English (verbal, written and spoken).
- You must also have the capacity and tendency to positively shape the future of their community.
- To be qualified for Obama Foundation Scholars Program, you must have a demonstrated commitment to unity, community-orientation, hope, imagination, courage, plan, accountability, integrity and power.
Application Deadline Of The Obama Foundation Scholars Program
The scholarship application deadline is December 22, 2021.
How To Apply For The Obama Foundation Scholars Program
If you are interested in applying for the Obama Foundation Scholars Program and are eligible, go to the official website. You may also submit an application here.
Official Website: Click here
1,203 total views, 3 views today