You want to enhance your study in the United States. There is good news! Purdue University is now accepting applications for National Merit Scholarships. In this essay, we will go through the scholarship, its value, eligibility, and application procedure in further detail.
National Merit Scholarships are available for Bachelor’s degrees in the subject of Courses at Purdue University. Purdue University is a public land-grant research university in West Lafayette, Indiana, and the system’s flagship campus.
Purdue University was founded in 1869 after Lafayette businessman John Purdue gave land and funds to create a science, technology, and agricultural institution in his honor. On September 16, 1874, the first sessions were held, with six professors and 39 pupils.
The main campus in West Lafayette has more than 200 undergraduate majors, 69 master’s and doctorate programs, and professional degrees in pharmacy, veterinary medicine, and doctor of nursing practice.
Purdue University features 18 varsity athletic teams and nearly 900 student clubs. The institution is a founding member of the Big Ten Conference, and it has the second biggest student body of any Indiana university, as well as the ninth highest international student population of any university in the United States.
Emerson E. White, the university’s president from 1876 to 1883, strictly enforced the Morrill Act. Rather than emulate classical institutions, White argued that the university should be a “industrial college,” devoting its resources to offering a broad, liberal education with a focus on science, technology, and agriculture. White also aimed to train pupils not only for industrial employment, but also to be decent citizens and family members.
Part of the university president’s strategy to distinguish Purdue from traditional universities included a clumsy attempt to outlaw fraternities, which was eventually overruled by the Indiana Supreme Court, prompting White’s departure.
Purdue University’s engineering laboratory had testing facilities for a locomotive as well as a Corliss steam engine, which was one of the most logical engines at the time. By 1925, the institution had the country’s highest undergraduate engineering enrollment, a position it would hold for the next half-century.
In 1875, the institution conferred its first degree, a Bachelor of Science in chemistry, and welcomed its first female students that fall.
Worth of The Purdue University’s National Merit Scholarship
- All successful candidates of the National Merit Scholarships will receive a scholarship value of partial funding $500 per year.
- Please note that awards are based on credentials and information presented at the time of application for admission and are non-negotiable. The value of National Merit Scholarships may be adjusted if an applicant’s overall financial aid package surpasses the standard cost of education in Purdue. The value of need-based scholarships may also be changed to prevent award packages that surpass financial need.
Eligibility for The Purdue University’s National Merit Scholarship
- You must be college Sponsored National Merit Finalist to be qualified for these scholarship.
- Grades in coursework that is critical to success in your intended major.
- Grades in central academic coursework and strength of your high school curriculum (in the context of courses available at your school).
- Application essay and Purdue-specific questions.
- You need a SAT or ACT score to be eligible for National Merit Scholarships.
- You also need recommendation (if provided).
- To be qualified for these scholarship, each candidate need a proof of commitment to the academic program to which he/she applied.
- A proof of leadership, service, and other achievements, activities, and awards.
- Information provided by candidate’s high school.
- Personal background and experiences.
Deadline for The Purdue University’s National Merit Scholarship
The application deadline for these scholarship is December 15, 2021.
How to Apply for The Purdue University’s National Merit Scholarship
Please check the university’s official website for additional details about the scholarship.
Official Website: Click here
801 total views, 3 views today