The University of Regina is granting the University of Regina Entrance Scholarships to new foreign students who will pursue their academic program with the University beginning from Winter 2021 term or Spring/Summer 2021 term.
The University of Regina (U of R) has university grounds situated in Regina and Saskatoon on Treaty 4 and Treaty 6 regions. These are the familial lands of the Saulteaux, Cree, Dakota, Nakoda, and Lakota nations and the native land of the Métis.
A wide-ranging university, the U of R traces its roots back to the establishment of Regina College, a small boarding high school created by the Methodist church in 1911. The College increased in size and importance, becoming a campus of the University of Saskatchewan and, ultimately, an autonomous degree granting institution – the University of Regina – in 1974.
The U of R has:
- 10 faculties;
- 25 academic departments and schools;
- 18 research centres and institutes; and,
- three federated colleges: First Nations University of Canada, Campion College, and Luther College.
In 2020, the University of Regina logged its 12th uninterrupted year of enrolment increment, growing by one per cent to 16,664 full-time and part-time scholars – a record number. Their tuition rates are on the same level with the national average and the University is second among all-inclusive universities in the level of student financial aid – scholarships, grants, and bursaries – obtainable as a percentage of tuition.
UNIVERSITY OF REGINA INTERNATIONAL ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP
This is one of the University of Regina Entrance Scholarships, and it offers up to $200,000 yearly. $3,000 is automatically granted to undergraduate candidates on a Study Permit who are putting in for admission straight from a secondary school (or equivalent) into a direct-entry undergraduate degree program. Candidates must possess an early-conditional admission average of 85.00% or greater and be registered in nine credit hours in the semester the award is granted.
UR CIRCLE OF SCHOLARS ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP
This esteemed award is granted to the top three candidates in three particular regions identified yearly all through the world. Assuming the candidate satisfies the conditions each year, they will obtain automatically $5,000 every school year for up to 4 years! Furthermore to the financial aid, these candidates will be invited to meet with the President of the University of Regina every year for a Circle of Scholars event. Candidate getting into an Undergraduate Degree in the Fall Semester, will be automatically qualified for this scholarship award. Please be aware that there is specific requirement for this award.
UNIVERSITY OF REGINA UNDERGRADUATE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT WELCOME SOLIDARITY SCHOLARSHIP AND HOUSING SUPPORT – EXTENDED
The University of Regina has expanded the Undergraduate International Student Welcome Solidarity Scholarship award and Housing Support to fresh undergraduate foreign candidates who will study for their academic degrees with the University of Regina beginning from Winter 2021 term or Spring/Summer 2021 term. The requirement details are as follows:
- New candidates that enrol for only the Winter 2021 term or only for the Spring/Summer 2021 term will obtain a $1,000 CAD tuition credit upon arrival and enrolment in the Fall 2021 term
- Candidates that enrol for both Winter 2021 term and Spring/Summer 2021 term will obtain a $2,000 CAD tuition credit after arrival and enrolment in Fall 2021 term
- Candidates that enrol for both Winter 2021 term and Spring/Summer 2021 term or only Winter 2021 term will obtain a $2,000 CAD credit towards the on-campus housing charge for Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 terms ($1,000 CAD each term)
Eligibility for University of Regina Entrance Scholarships
- Candidates are required to be International students
- Candidates are required to be proficient in English Language
- Candidates are required to have good academic records
Application Deadline: August 1, 2021
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Award: Up to $2,000
Number of Awards: Not known
How to Apply for University of Regina Entrance Scholarships
Candidates for the University of Regina Entrance Scholarships have to register in the bachelor’s degree coursework at Regina’s university.
For More Information about University of Regina Entrance Scholarships, Visit The Official Website
742 total views, 3 views today